AFCI.UK is an influential network of suppliers, manufacturers, publishers, wholesale distributors, service providers, retailers, institutional buyers, professional crafters, designers, educator/demonstrators, manufacturer representatives and everyone in between.
We exist to
Unify, Develop and Inspire the UK creative, craft and hobby Industry
Our purpose: is to be the cornerstone of the UK Creative Industry.
- Our Vision of the Association: to be recognised as the cornerstone of the UK Creative Industry, whilst consistently adding value to all of our members.
- Our Vision for the Industry: to makes sure the UK Creative Industry leads the way to build a healthy, vibrant and successfully Global Creative Market.
- Our Brand Promise: no better way to network, connect, engage or get key information about the UK creative, craft and hobby industry.
Membership Mission Statement
Our promise to each member is to continually provide them with:
AFCI.UK provides all members with:
- Resources: gain a competitive edge and stay abreast of the latest industry news whether it is current legislation or updates business guides specialist advice or general support.
- Connections: interact and connect with like-minded business professionals who may benefit your business.
- Education: business information and product education at your fingertips
- Protection for your business: the association serves a highly creative industry; our specialist lawyers can help you protect and develop your Intellectual Property. In addition the association’s legal insurance protection scheme is included free of charge in your membership offering a comprehensive cover for your business.
- Discounts and savings: receive special rates and discounts on a range of professional services. Participating in AFCI.UK campaigns can also have real money saving benefits.
- Saving time and money: time is a valuable commodity in business. Gain access to qualified service providers who know and understand the industry.
- Lobbying and representation: providing access for your views to reach government on policy and regulatory matters.
- New business opportunities: finding customers can be challenging for suppliers and gaining access to relevant products can be difficult for retailers the association can offer ways of putting suppliers and buyers together.
- Support and advice from experts: Gain access to consultants lawyers and peers offering support for free or at heavily discounted rates.
- Enhance your skills: start up and established guides. There are also periodic seminars and training opportunities available to help you develop your knowledge alongside increasing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Listening ear: the association is a sounding board with a private and confidential ear for members regardless of your business question there is always someone to assist your needs.
- Promoting your business: access to free PR and marketing initiatives to increase your presence
- Increasing your credibility: gain access to a member logo and enhance your profile within the industry
- Global Membership: As a AFCI.UK you also become a CHA-US member meaning that you have access to all the information - surveys - benefits and a GLOBAL member of a massive trade association dedicated to the creative craft and hobby industry.
- Dedicated Helpline: for members to call and discuss all aspects for their businesses including:
- Human resource
- Health & safety
- Taxation and VAT
AFCI.UK is made up of four types of members:
Flying Start: People at the embryonic stages of their business and starting up. One-year membership offering help and support to get your business of the ground and take flight. Click here for membership details
D.E.B’S: People whose principle business does not involve selling products. This category includes: Designers - Demonstrators - Educators - Teachers - Professional Bloggers and Professional Crafters. Click here for membership details
BUYER’S: Companies whose principal business is purchasing creative craft and hobby merchandise for resell to a consumer. This category includes: bricks and mortar store-front retailers, - online/catalogue retailers - institutional buyers and TV/media sales retailers. Click here for membership details
SUPPLIER’S: Companies whose principal business is supplying creative - craft - hobby products and merchandise through manufacturing - publishing -distributing or providing services to industry companies. This category includes: manufacturers - distributors - consumer publishers/media - trade publishers - and service providers. Click here for membership details
Annual membership fees are based on the type and size of businesses involved. The fee structure then hinges on the turnover of business. Annual membership rates are:
- Level 1: 100K per annum = £100+vat
- Level 2: £100k to £1m = £200+vat
- Level 3: £1m+ = £350+vat.
- Level 1: up to £250K per annum = £200+vat
- Level 2: 250k to £1m = £325+vat
- Level 3: £1m+ = £500+vat
- Click on to the membership that applies to you and your business:
- Fill out the membership form
- Pay your membership fee and then leave the rest to our team.
You will receive a confirmation email and within 7-10 working days we will send your membership number. During this time you can contact us if you require immediate information
If you don’t think you fit into a membership category email our team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01206 364977 for a friendly conversation