Frequently asked Questions
Our mission statement sums up our main aims and objectives….
- Uniting the creative, craft and hobby industry
- Growing the creative craft and hobby industry and helping our members achieve success
- Providing a trade association that is unique to the needs of the creative, craft and hobby market and governed by industry leaders
- Providing specific benefits to all members
- Offering affordable membership options with tangible returns
- To be the corner stone of the creative, craft and hobby industry
While our aims are few the benefits to you and your business are limitless!
- AFCI.UK is the corner stone of the UK creative industry by providing our members with the opportunities, information, support, advice they need and deserve to become more successful.
- AFCI.UK is consistently add value to members and build a healthy, vibrant and successful global creative market We intend to achieve this through a vibrant and energetic association which will represent all aspects of the creative industries in the UK. This can only be achieved by the inclusion of industry leaders who will help to develop our industry into a cohesive and well represented body on which to build our collective future
In a nutshell, what do you offer AFCI.UK members?
Our members have different wants, needs and goals, as your association we believe that the following is our Membership Mission Statement, our promise to each member is to continually provide them with:
Learn_Connect and Discover.
The above are vital parts of development and growth for each and every member. We will provide as must help to each member_as they require_to made them more successful. This help will be provided via private and confidential communications and conversations.
The AFCI.UK is an affiliate of the US based association. The AFCI.UK is run by a UK based Board of Directors
made up from a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 12 board members. We have one staff member Craig De Souza, Executive Director. Board members must be individual members or employed by member companies who have voting rights.
- Member companies can only have one representative on the board of directors at any one time.
- Board of Members are nominated and elected by the membership on an annual basis.
- To apply to by a Board Member contact our team on 01206 364977 or firstname.lastname@example.org
No. Board members are all volunteers.
Board members are drawn from professionals across different sectors within the industry to ensure activities are not self-motivated or profit orientated.
There are no plans to set up a dedicated AFCI.UK trade Show in the UK.
Our distinct and agreed preference is to work together with existing show organisers to represent the creative industries in the best possible way, so we will work and partner with other trade show organisers such as CHSI, Creativation, Creativeworld_h+h and all other global trade show organisers that will benefit our members .
We will host and run the International Business Conference_ Networking, Educational and Training event “One Big Show_Creative Exchanges” each year.
This is a business conference for the industry to Learn
Connect and Discover.
Yes, our objective is to participate regularly at UK trade shows, to host Networking Evenings for members and to run educational seminars at selected shows. Future participation will be in association with partners such as CHSI, Creativation, Creativeworld, and h+h who have been very supportive of the AFCI.UK.
Manufacturers, suppliers, retailers, online stores, start-ups, educationalists, designers, publishers, printers and others who have an active involvement/ interest in the creative industries business in the UK.
No, any person or company involved in the creative, craft and hobby industry can become a member if they are domiciled or wanting to work and have information about the United Kingdom creative, craft and hobby industry.
Membership fees are based on the type and size of businesses involved. The fee structure then depends on the annual turnover of businesses so larger companies pay slightly more. Current membership rates are…
- Flying Start Membership = £50
- D.E.B’s Membership = £100 +vat
- Buyer Membership:
- Level 1 - up to £100K = £100 +vat
- Level 2 - £100K to £1m = £200 +vat
- Level 3 £1m+ = £350+vat
- Level 1 -Sales up to £250K = £200+vat
- Level 2 – Sales between £250K to £1m = £325+vat
- Level 3 – Sales over £1m+ = £500+vat
Affiliates such as Guilds could be subject to different membership fees to be agreed on an individual basis, also if you feel you don’t fit into a membership catorgry contact our team on 01206 364977 or email@example.com
The AFCI.UK is a non-for-profit organisation and all revenues are used to meet direct staff costs, administration costs and promotional expenditure related to running the UK association and promoting the industry.
The AFCI.UK offers members a range of benefits including administrative savings and dedicated trade discounts as well as a range of educational events, networking opportunities, seminars and general advice to members.
The growing strength of the AFCI.UK will benefit all members with industry leaders paving the way to a better future
Yes, as a member of the AFCI.UK, you also become a GLOBAL member of a huge association spanning 65 counties and thousands of members.
You will be able to attend the AFCI trade show – Creativation – as a member for free Have access to USA trends, research, global membership directory and educational information.
If you would like to know more about the AFCI.UK, get involved or have further question contact Craig De Souza on 01206 364 977 or firstname.lastname@example.org
“Make Our Association Your Association”