AFCI.UK is an influential network of suppliers, manufacturers, publishers, wholesale distributors, service providers, retailers, institutional buyers, professional crafters, designers, educator/demonstrators, manufacturer representatives and everyone in between.
We exist to Unify, Develop and Inspire the UK creative, craft and hobby industry
Our purpose: is to be the cornerstone of the UK Creative Industry.
- Our Vision of the Association: to be recognised as the cornerstone of the UK Creative Industry, whilst consistently adding value to all of our members.
- Our Vision for the Industry: to makes sure the UK Creative Industry leads the way to build a healthy, vibrant and successfully Global Creative Market.
- Our Brand Promise: no better way to network, connect, engage or get key information about the UK creative, craft and hobby industry.
Membership Mission Statement
Our promise to each member is to continually provide them with:
AFCI.UK provides all members with:
- Resources: gain a competitive edge and stay abreast of the latest industry news whether it is current legislation or updates business guides specialist advice or general support.
- Connections: interact and connect with like-minded business professionals who may benefit your business.
- Education: business information and product education at your fingertips
- Protection for your business: the association serves a highly creative industry; our specialist lawyers can help you protect and develop your Intellectual Property. In addition the association’s legal insurance protection scheme is included free of charge in your membership offering a comprehensive cover for your business.
- Discounts and savings: receive special rates and discounts on a range of professional services. Participating in AFCI.UK campaigns can also have real money saving benefits.
- Saving time and money: time is a valuable commodity in business. Gain access to qualified service providers who know and understand the industry.
- Lobbying and representation: providing access for your views to reach government on policy and regulatory matters.
- New business opportunities: finding customers can be challenging for suppliers and gaining access to relevant products can be difficult for retailers the association can offer ways of putting suppliers and buyers together.
- Support and advice from experts: Gain access to consultants lawyers and peers offering support for free or at heavily discounted rates.
- Enhance your skills: start up and established guides. There are also periodic seminars and training opportunities available to help you develop your knowledge alongside increasing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Listening ear: the association is a sounding board with a private and confidential ear for members regardless of your business question there is always someone to assist your needs.
- Promoting your business: access to free PR and marketing initiatives to increase your presence
- Increasing your credibility: gain access to a member logo and enhance your profile within the industry
- Global Membership: As a AFCI.UK you also become a CHA-US member meaning that you have access to all the information - surveys - benefits and a GLOBAL member of a massive trade association dedicated to the creative craft and hobby industry.
- Dedicated Helpline: for members to call and discuss all aspects for their businesses including:
- Human resource
- Health & safety
- Taxation and VAT
AFCI.UK is made up of four types of members:
Flying Start: People at the embryonic stages of their business and starting up. One-year membership offering help and support to get your business of the ground and take flight. Click here for membership details
D.E.B’S: People whose principle business does not involve selling products. This category includes: Designers - Demonstrators - Educators - Teachers - Professional Bloggers and Professional Crafters. Click here for membership details
BUYER’S: Companies whose principal business is purchasing creative craft and hobby merchandise for resell to a consumer. This category includes: bricks and mortar store-front retailers, - online/catalogue retailers - institutional buyers and TV/media sales retailers. Click here for membership details
SUPPLIER’S: Companies whose principal business is supplying creative - craft - hobby products and merchandise through manufacturing - publishing -distributing or providing services to industry companies. This category includes: manufacturers - distributors - consumer publishers/media - trade publishers - and service providers. Click here for membership details
Annual membership fees are based on the type and size of businesses involved. The fee structure then hinges on the turnover of business. Annual membership rates are:
- Level 1: 100K per annum = £100+vat
- Level 2: £100k to £1m = £200+vat
- Level 3: £1m+ = £350+vat.
- Level 1: up to £250K per annum = £200+vat
- Level 2: 250k to £1m = £325+vat
- Level 3: £1m+ = £500+vat
- Click on to the membership that applies to you and your business:
- Fill out the membership form
- Pay your membership fee and then leave the rest to our team.
You will receive a confirmation email and within 7-10 working days we will send your membership number. During this time you can contact us if you require immediate information
If you don’t think you fit into a membership category email our team on email@example.com or call 01206 364977 for a friendly conversation
Read what other members have to say:
AFCI.UK are established and developed with the needs of creatives and crafters in mind. If you are struggling with getting your products to market and want to meet successful crafting businesses and learn new strategies to grow your creative or craft business, AFCI.UK events must not be missed. A weekend attending their annual event and connecting with the right person or organization can catapult your business very quickly”
Neelam Meetcha, Gift Wrapping & Craft Expert,One Big Show 2016 attendee
Being a member of the AFCI.UK has allowed me to grow so much as an independent designer. I have a new found confidence, that I havn't seen in myself since having my family and prolonged career break. Meeting and building relationships with industry experts and other like minded people at the Creative Exchanges weekend has been invaluable to me. I am really proud of how I have seized the chance to create career opportunities through the AFCI.UK. My email inbox has never been busier with interesting and exciting conversations. So if you are looking to progress with a career in the crafting industry, the AFCI.UK can definately open up any opportunity you are looking for Claire Newcombe – firstname.lastname@example.org
Claire Newcombe – My Creative MakingD.E.B's Member
I joined the AFCI.UK to enhance my reputation as a business within the craft industry and to draw on the help and experience of the members within the association!
Wendy Perry – Intricut CraftsBuyer Membership
When you are running a business, it is important to be immersed in that world. As the owner of a craft business I count the AFCI.UK as a necessary ingredient so that I can know what is happening and connect when I want to, with other professionals. Plus we got some fab discounts at the Stitches show which went a long way to paying the membership fee! Good plan AFCI.UK.
Joanna Sheen – Joanna Sheen LtdBuyer Member
There are a number of important reasons why Visage Textiles Ltd decided to join the AFCI.UK. From a purely commercial point of view, we consider that our profile and credibility as a manufacturer and distributor is enhanced by being a member of a trade organisation. Our company wants to engage with designers and potential customers and we can do these things through the AFCI.UK. Membership has brought further benefits such as access to industry-specific market research and access to international trade shows as a visitor and exhibitor.
Dani Phillips – Visage TextilesSupplier Member
I have been a member of the AFCI.UK since the beginning. I can honestly say that I have had more than my monies worth. Every time I have either emailed or rung Craig he has got back to me with an answer to my questions. If he didn’t know the answer at the time he came back to me later. I have also been to all the seminars. Very informative. These included networking, education and product workshops. Would recommend to everyone.
Kay Rutter – Hougie Crafts LtdSupplier Member
OMG had it not been for the AFCI.UK I would never have found the supplier I spent hours on the internet looking for. One quick phone call would have sufficed!! Next time I will go straight to them for info on any supplier of crafts. Craig who dealt with my enquiry was a star! Thank you AFCI.UK for existing, you could have saved me hours!
Kleshna Handel’s – www.kleshna.comDesigner Member