A brand new craft and hobby TV channel is set to launch on Thursday 27th August 2015 and will showcase a range of craft and hobby products from suppliers across the industry.
HOCHANDA, Home of Crafts, Hobbies And Arts will launch at 12 noon and will broadcast 24 hours a day, seven days a week, with 12 hours a day (9am until 9pm) being broadcast live. It is understood that HOCHANDA will focus 75% of its airtime on crafts, from paper and fabric crafts through to craft beer, and the remaining 25% will be dedicated to hobbies including fishing, travel and DIY, creating a wide range of opportunities for suppliers to get involved. HOCHANDA will broadcast on Freeview channel 39, Sky channel 663, Freesat channel 822 and IPTV.
Presenters are due to be announced soon but it has been revealed that they have all been recruited for their shared passion and enthusiasm for crafts or hobbies. Exclusive guest presenters will also feature on the channel with an exciting announcement expected in the next few days.
The new channel has been created by Paul Wright and Val Kaye who set up and sold Ideal Shopping Direct incorporating Ideal World and Create and Craft TV shopping channels. Paul and Val have been joined by some of the most recognized talent in the industry including Jamie Martin, managing director of Bidmedia who will become CEO of HOCHANDA.
Paul Wright, said: “HOCHANDA has been created with feedback from crafters and hobbyists and what they want from a TV channel very much in mind. Listening to their comments and criticisms we have devised the new channel to give the viewers more variety and to give suppliers more opportunity for exposure.”
In keeping with its commitment to look after the interests of crafters and hobbyists, HOCHANDA is set to become the first national UK TV channel to offer viewers the chance to own part of the channel.
The company behind the channel has made shares available through the popular crowdfunding website, Crowdcube – another way in which the channel wants to encourage new and experienced crafters and hobbyists to become part of the HOCHANDA community.
Hochanda Limited’s pitch to investors will go live on Crowdcube at 12 noon on 27th August. There will be various incentives for different levels of investment with the minimum incentive-led investment starting at £50.
To keep up to date with the latest news from HOCHANDA, visit the social media pages listed below.
Note: This document is not an invitation to invest in Hochanda Limited. Any investment puts the investor’s capital at risk. For full terms and conditions and risks, please go to www.crowdcube.com.